ROHO® Hybrid Elite® Dual Compartment Cushion
The ROHO® Hybrid Elite® Cushion combines the skin/soft tissue protection and Shape Fitting Technology® of a ROHO DRY FLOATATION® cushion with stability from a contoured foam base. This cushion design allows for improved pelvic alignment and stability for improved position and function while maintaining optimal immersion and envelopment of both the ischial tuberosities and greater trochanters. The ROHO shape fitting cushion insert provides critical pressure redistribution around the pelvis area giving the individual skin/soft tissue protection that ROHO is known for. Simply adjust the cushion insert to fi t the individual’s shape in order to minimize tissue deformation and facilitate blood flow.
The individual can achieve greater positioning ability with the ROHO Hybrid Elite cushion. The contoured foam base provides the opportunity for both lower extremity and pelvic alignment and control.
SKIN/SOFT TISSUE PROTECTION
The Hybrid Elite cushion hydrostatically loads the ischial tuberosities and the posterior shelf of the greater trochanters for those who are at risk of skin/soft tissue breakdown. Unparalleled in performance, the ROHO cushion insert allows for immersion and envelopment of the individual’s shape. It provides an adjustable, reduced friction and shear environment that can help protect the individual from acquiring pressure ulcers from sitting. The dual valve option on the ROHO insert allows for additional customization to match an individual’s specifi c shape and asymmetry. Allows for up to approximately 2¾ in / 7 cm of immersion.
The ROHO Hybrid Elite’s customized contoured foam base provides improved positioning of the pelvis and lower extremities, enhancing sitting posture. This added stability assists the individual in achieving a safer transfer in and out of their wheelchair.
The ROHO Hybrid Elite Cushion is appropriate for individuals who:
- have a history of skin/soft tissue breakdown and/or any stage pressure ulcer (including deep tissue injury), skin grafts, and/or myocutaneous flap surgery
- currently have or are at risk for skin/soft tissue breakdown and/or any stage pressure ulcer (including deep tissue injury)
- have normal or impaired sensation
- require accommodation of pelvic asymmetry, up to approximately 2 in / 5 cm
- require increased sitting stability
- require a more stable environment for transfers
- require lower extremity alignment
- require correction of pelvic asymmetry (medial lateral)